If you operate or own a dump truck, you might be wondering what kind of insurance coverage you need. If you haul trash, snow, ice or asphalt, then you need dump truck insurance. You also need dump truck insurance if you haul or remove construction materials. Depending on what type of material you haul and whether or not it is hazardous, you might need specialized commercial vehicle insurance.
If you are an aggregate hauler who is leased to a motor carrier, then you might be covered under your motor carrier’s primary liability insurance coverage — at least while you’re on the job. However, you will still need to get physical damage insurance on your own. This insurance covers damage to your dump truck. It can also protect you when you’re driving your dump truck off the clock.
Are you an owner-operator operating under your own authority? Even if this is the case, you will need to purchase full coverage dump truck insurance. The good news is that it is easy to find the right dump truck insurance at a price you can afford. All that you need to do is shop around. Luckily, you can get multiple truck insurance quotes at once by filling out a simple form. Before you shop for dump truck insurance, get the basics on coverages.
What Is Dump Truck Insurance?
Dump truck insurance is special commercial insurance that is available for heavy-duty dump trucks. This insurance protects you and others in the event of an accident or incident involving your dump truck. Some of the coverages included on a typical dump truck insurance plan include:
- Primary Liability – This protection covers property damage and injuries to other people if you are involved in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection – Provides medical payments and covers other expenses for the driver and passenger in your vehicle injured in an accident.
- Physical damage – This coverage protects your truck and trailer in the event of a collision or overturn. It may also cover things like flood, theft, and vandalism.
- Rental reimbursement and downtime — This is usually an add-on benefit. Rental payment and downtime help keep your business afloat if your vehicle is inoperable for a certain amount of time.
How Can I Save On Dump Truck Insurance?
There are many ways that you can save on commercial dump truck insurance. Here are some of the best ways to trim your insurance bills.
- Shop around – You can find substantially lower rates just by shopping around for dump truck insurance. Gather rates and compare coverage from several different companies. Truck Insurance Quotes makes it easy to shop around by doing the legwork for you. Just fill out an online form to compare multiple quotes.
- Maintain a good driving record – Moving violations can severely impact your commercial truck insurance rates. Serious offenses like DUIs and DWIs will significantly affect prices.
- Look for discounts – Many insurance companies offer discounts for various things like using electronic funds transfer for payments. Make sure you ask what kind of discounts are available.
Make sure you get the right dump truck insurance coverages for your needs. Contact us today for quotes – you can fill out our online form or give us a call. Our truck insurance experts can help you compare coverages and pricing so that you get the insurance you need for your business.