What kind of insurance do I need for my trucking business?

One Agent. Multiple Quotes.

Do you own or operate a trucking business?

It's important to understand the necessary coverages.

Whether you are a new venture, a long-established business with 20+ trucks, or somewhere in between, we can help you get multiple trucking insurance quotes. Review the recommended coverages below to learn more about what you need to keep your trucking business protected.

Auto Liability

Auto liability insurance covers your legal obligation to someone that you cause bodily injury or property damage in a car accident. It will help cover the costs of their medical bills and the cost of repairing or replacing their car. It can also help if the other driver sues you.

Physical Damage Coverage

Physical damage coverage will help you get your truck back on the road as soon as possible if something happens to it. Collision coverage will help repair your truck following an accident. Comprehensive coverage will help repair your truck if a fire, vandal, or falling object (like a tree) damages it, or if it’s stolen.  

Truckers General Liability

Truckers general liability protects your business from liability for any non-truck-related aspects of the job, like if a driver is assisting at the loading dock or if they’re helping at a job site. It covers liability-related claims that are not a result of driving the truck. And truckers general liability is typically very affordable.


Cargo coverage will protect the load that you’re hauling from losses such as fire, theft, and collision. Earned freight coverage can also help reimburse you for the money that you would have earned if you’d been able to successfully deliver the load.  


Pollution and haz-mat coverage can help your business cover the costs of cleaning up the environment if there’s a truck accident that causes damage to nature. The costs of cleanup can be steep, which is why you might want to consider pollution or haz-mat coverage.


Driveaway coverage can help businesses where the truck driver literally hops into the driver’s seat of the vehicle, machinery, or mobile unit that needs to be transported and drives it away. It’s easier to simply drive the “cargo” instead of hauling it.


On-hook or in-tow coverage will protect the vehicle that you’re hauling while you’re transporting it. So, if you’re towing a car and you get into an accident that destroys the vehicle, on-hook coverage would help you cover the expenses and your legal obligation to the client.

Garagekeepers Coverage

Garagekeepers coverage will protect you if you store clients’ cars on your premises. It will cover losses like fire, theft, vandalism, and explosions. If you ever have care, custody, and control of your clients’ cars, you may want to consider garagekeepers insurance.

Wrongful Repossession

Wrongful repossession coverage will help you if you have a repo business and you take a car that you’re not supposed to, for whatever reason (mistaking the car, not having a written order, etc.) It will help you legally defend yourself against claims of wrongful repossession that you might face.

These are just some of the most common insurance coverages needed by trucking businesses. Contact us and our experts can help you find out the coverages you need.

There are a lot of different coverages out there for trucking businesses, and it can be hard to know where to start with insuring your business. We’re here to help you find the coverage you need at the best possible rate.