Looking for auto hauler insurance?
The world of auto hauling comes with a significant amount of risks.
It can be hard to know how to get insurance for hauling cars. Figuring out what coverages you need for transporting vehicles can be difficult, especially if you’re trying to get cheap car carrier insurance. That might seem like a virtually impossible task, but our team of insurance agents is here to help you. Our mission is to help transportation businesses and auto hauling businesses like yours get the insurance they need at the best possible rate.
Get competitive rates:
What is an auto hauler?
An auto hauler is a trailer that is specifically created and designed to transport multiple cars at once. They can either be open or closed, and they have ramps and sometimes hydraulic lifts to assist with loading and unloading the vehicles.
What other names are there for auto haulers?
- Car-carrying trailer
- Car hauler
- Auto transport trailer
There are different kinds of auto hauling businesses.
There are different types of car carrier businesses. You might be…
- A car dealership with a car carrier
- A business that works for various dealerships
- An auto shop that owns an auto hauler
- A business that transports cars for clients
Whatever kind of business you have, we can help you get the auto hauler insurance you need.
Auto Hauler's Auto Liability
Auto liability insurance can help you cover the costs that you’re legally obligated to pay to someone that your business injures in a car accident. Bodily injury liability can help cover the medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost wages of the other driver. Property damage liability covers the damage to the person’s car.
Auto Hauler's Physical Damage Coverage
- Collision insurance: Collision insurance is the coverage that can help you repair your auto hauling truck and get it back on the road ASAP if you have an accident and collide with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage: Comprehensive coverage can help you cover the costs of repairs if your truck is damaged by something other than an accident. Comprehensive coverage can protect you against losses like theft, fire, vandalism, and objects that spontaneously fall from the sky (like trees.)
AUTO HAULER FAQs:
How much does auto hauler insurance cost?
There are several factors that influence the cost of auto hauler insurance. An insurance company will have to evaluate the details of your business before making a decision as to whether or not to insure you and how much to charge for your insurance.
Some of the things they might look for are:
- What you haul (New cars, used cars, cars that have been wrecked)
- Your hauling radius
- Contracts (Which may require you to have certain levels of insurance)
- What kind of business you are
- How many auto hauling trucks you have
- Your car carrier (Year, make, model)
- Your record of losses
- Your drivers
To get an accurate idea of how much it will cost to insure your particular business, it’s best to get auto hauler insurance quotes.
And we can help you with that - if you fill out our online form or give us a call today, we can get multiple car carrier insurance quotes and help you obtain the best insurance at the best possible rate.
How much auto hauler insurance do I need?
If you have contracts, you may be required to keep certain levels of auto hauler insurance. For cargo insurance, you may need between $150,000 and $500,000 as a limit of coverage. Plus there may be laws that you have to adhere to that are set by your state.
Aside from your contracts and the law, when considering how much your auto hauler insurance will cost, you have to think about how many trucks you have, the cars that you transport, and how many cars you haul along with other details. Anyways, we can help you figure out how much insurance you need for your auto hauling business.
Get quotes for auto hauler insurance.
Our team of transportation insurance experts can help you find the insurance you need to protect your car hauling business. We completely understand that you want to save money on your truck insurance, and that’s our mission - to help trucking and auto hauling businesses like yours save money on their insurance rates. We’re here to help with any of your insurance needs.