Do you need reefer truck insurance?
We can help you get refrigerated truck insurance quotes.
Getting reefer truck insurance might seem like a completely overwhelming, daunting task. You’ve probably got a few questions about reefer insurance. Where can you get reefer insurance quotes? How does the quoting process work? And how can you get cheap reefer truck insurance? Well, we’ve got good news - we’ve got an entire team of truck insurance experts who can help you insure your reefer.
What is a reefer truck?
A reefer, or refrigerated truck, looks like a normal box truck or semi truck, but there’s a big difference. Reefer trucks have trailers with built-in refrigeration, so they’re used to haul goods that are perishable and need to be kept cold. The temperature can be adjusted depending on the cargo.
What are the recommended coverages for a reefer truck?
No two truck businesses are the same, so they’re all going to need different coverages and levels of insurance to fully protect them from the risks they face. The following, however, are common coverages that reefer businesses get.
Understanding why these factors influence your trucking insurance
- Your drivers: The age, experience, and MVRs (Motor Vehicle Records) of your drivers can influence the rates you’ll pay for your reefer truck insurance.
- Your truck: The year, make, and model of your trucks affects their value - and how much it will cost to insure them.
- Accidents/claims/losses: Your loss record, which includes things like accidents, can affect your rates because it shows how much of a risk your business is to insure. If you have a history of accidents, you’re more of a risk, so your rates could be higher.
- Tickets: Traffic tickets are also an indication of risk. To the insurance company, if you have tickets on your record you’re more of a risk of getting into an accident. So, your rates could be higher.
- What kind of business you have and what you haul: The insurance company will also want to know what kind of work you do and what contracts you have, as well as what you’re transporting.
- Your radius and your location: The area in which you operate also affects your rates. Rural businesses may have lower rates because there’s less traffic and less chance of having an accident than in a city.
The only way that you can get an accurate idea of the cost of refrigerated truck insurance for your business is to get a quote.
The best way to get an accurate idea of how much you’ll pay for reefer insurance is to get a reefer insurance quotes (or multiple quotes.) Our team of truck insurance experts can help you get great truck insurance at a great rate. We’ll shop your rates with multiple carriers so you can compare coverages and pricing. To get started with your reefer insurance quotes, all you have to do is fill out our online quote form or give us a call today. One of our agents will be happy to assist you with your insurance needs. Our goal is to both make truck insurance easy and help businesses like yours save money on their insurance.