Do you need reefer truck insurance?
We can help you get refrigerated truck insurance.
Finding and getting any vehicle insurance can be overwhelming. From finding the best insurer to getting the right coverages, buying auto insurance can be difficult. In the truck business, you may find it even more complicated to find the right coverage for your 18 wheeler or refrigerated truck. If you deliver shipments in your reefer truck, you need special insurance coverage to protect your equipment and expensive reefer freight.
TruckInsuranceQuotes.com has an entire team of dedicated experts to help you find the right reefer insurance for your needs. Our team can help answer your questions and find the best coverages for your reefer truck. We can help you find affordable and quality insurance to make sure your reefer freight and truck are well protected.
What is a reefer truck?
"Reefer" is industry slang for refrigerated. A reefer truck is just like any other standard truck with a semi-cab. A reefer truck is just a cab pulling a refrigerated trailer. A reefer trailer is designed to haul perishable goods such as meat, seafood, and dairy products. The refrigerated truck ensures that the shipment stays at the right temperature. These reefer trailers are different from cooling vans as they include refrigeration as an active cooling system. The refrigerated unit allows you to transport frozen and refrigerated items.
A reefer, or refrigerated truck, looks like a normal box truck or semi-truck but carries temperature-sensitive goods. If you drive a refrigerated truck, you will need special insurance coverage for your vehicle and your reefer freight.
What are the recommended coverages for a reefer truck?
Similar to any other industry, no two truck businesses are the same. Depending on your reefer unit, service, and business requirements, you may require different coverages and levels of insurance to be fully protected from risks and accidents. However, there are a few industry standards for any reefer truck business when it comes to insurance coverages.
How do different factors impact reefer truck insurance rates?
Your business, equipment, and drivers all pose risks to insurance companies. Your specific risks will determine your rates.
- Drivers: Just like your driving record impacts your personal insurance rates, the age, experience, and MVRs (Motor Vehicle Records) of your drivers will influence reefer insurance rates. If your drivers' record and driving habits pose higher risks, you will pay higher insurance rates.
- Trucks: If you drive an expensive Porsche that costs more to repair or replace, you will pay more for auto insurance. Similarly, the year, make, and model of your trucks affects their value and the cost to repair or replace them. A more expensive fleet with larger risks will cost more to insure.
- Accidents, Claims, and Losses: Your loss record, which includes things like accidents and prior insurance claims, gives insurers an idea about the risk your business poses. Numerous accidents, claims, and losses will lead to higher insurance rates.
- Tickets: Traffic tickets can also be an indication of risk. A history of traffic tickets and violations could mean that your trucks are more likely to get into accidents. As a result, you will see higher insurance rates.
- Your Business: Insurance companies will also consider the kind of work you do and what contracts you have. If you are transporting expensive Wagyu beef, your cargo will be worth significantly more than a trailer full of milk. Insurance companies will consider the value of the cargo you transport when determining your rates.
- Location: The area in which you operate also affects your rates. Rural businesses may have lower rates because there's less traffic and less chance of having an accident than in a city.
Insurance quotes give you an accurate idea of rates and costs.
Just like any other major purchase that you might make, the best way to get an accurate idea of how much you'll pay for reefer insurance is to shop around. Getting insurance quotes will give you the best idea of how much you can expect to pay for coverage for your reefer truck. Our team of truck insurance experts can help you find the best policy for your needs at a great rate. We'll find rates with multiple carriers to allow you to compare coverages and costs. To get started with your reefer insurance quotes, fill out our online form or give us a call today. One of our agents will be happy to assist you with your insurance needs. Our goal is to make the process of purchasing truck insurance easy and help you save the most money on your policy.
Our team of trucking insurance experts is here to help you get the reefer truck insurance policy you need at the best possible rate. With some basic information, you can receive multiple truck insurance quotes quickly!